If your business is on social media — and it should be — you’ve likely wondered when the best time to post on your social media platforms is. You’ve spent time and energy researching, brainstorming, and creating your social content, so you want to ensure that people see it and interact with it. Social media timing best practices are crucial to maximize your organic reach and engagement.
For companies who are new to social media and don’t have a significant amount of past posting data or audience insights to work with, there are universal dates and times that are proven to receive more engagement. According to Hootsuite, the best times to post on social media is at 10:00am on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. However, as your social presence grows, it is essential to review your insights to see what specific dates and times work best for your audience.
Through your social insights, you can:
- Learn followers’ demographics including gender, age, and location.
- Discover when your followers are online each day, including the days and times.
- View insights on specific posts, including comment, engagements, reach, likes, saved, and impressions.
- Determine which type of content — photos, videos, etc. — perform best.
- See the actions that users took on your profile after seeing a specific post, including profile visits, follows, and website clicks.
Through analyzing your insights, you can customize your content to best fit your customers likes and dislikes. For instance, if you discover that your audience prefers images over videos than you can focus more on creating and posting images.